Pages

4 Jan 2013

go easy on yourself

not just a random picture of a man and a dog- this is My man and MY dog on New Year's Day. Cleary.

With Christmas almost at a close after a blur of coughs, sneezes, croaks, stress and the usual magnificent sparkle and family-love I'm ready to take down all the glitz and razzmatazz tomorrow for twelfth night. Taking down the tree always makes me feel smugly minimalist (I'm not), I mean, look at all that space and the clean lines of the window sill without all that glittering tit-tat. Fab! Shame about the rogue pine needles I'll still be hoovering up come Easter. Ouch.

And so it's now two thousand and thirteen! Wow. Sounds monumental to me. I really think it's going to be a good year. 

Edie- New Year's Day 2013

Last January I started 2012 with the words 'be brave' to take me into the new year. I think I was brave in 2012, though I'm sure I could do with a little more effort in some parts of my life. And that little bit of self-criticism takes me neatly onto this year's mantra, 'go easy on yourself'.

Go on, be kind to yourself, just because you're so bloody awesome. 

And because you're doing OK, OK?

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love your mantras - 'be brave' and
    'go easy on yourself', I really need to do both of these things. And I hear you on the pine needles - I swept up nearly a carrier bag full today! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self criticism is so last year - here's to a year of self-love and acceptance. And good luck with your new baby. Happy New Year xo

    ReplyDelete