Pages

18 Jan 2013

Fridays are even more awesome when it snows!

                        
I'm so in love with the snow today! Ever since I was a little girl I've adored seeing those beautiful snowflakes dance across the sky. It's like the world turns into a magical place, all white, all still, just dazzling. 





We don't get months, or even weeks, of snow upon snow here, just the odd day a year. So we don't really have to deal with the negative side of this icy weather, we can just keep safe, keep warm and enjoy it. 


Having said that, I know how frightening it can be for people who are alone and not able to get out and about. If you're able to is there an elderly or vulnerable person near you to check on? Even if they just ask you to go to the corner shop to *get them some cigarettes* you'll be doing a lovely thing for someone.



*this happened to me when I was 8 months pregnant with Edie and I found myself trudging through snow drifts to get two packets of Golden Virginia and some rich tea biscuits... 

Stay warm, stay cosy, stay safe X

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures :)
    Looks like your making the most of the snow, stay safe too.

    Vanessa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you two are having heaps of fun. Stay warm xo

    ReplyDelete