Pages

22 Mar 2012

need


Today has been one of those days when I feel like everything is coming undone. Not enough sleep, a grumpy toddler, late for a class I'm running, a messy house, hormones going crazy, over sensitive, nothing much getting done. My shoulders are rising from down where they should be to half way up to my ear lobes- a sure sign of stress for me. 


 I need my roots done, I need to go to the cinema on my own, I need to swim in the sea, I need to watch fireworks, I need to go somewhere really really windy to blow the cobwebs away, I need to walk somewhere faster than at a toddler's pace, I need to get drunk on spirits and write bad poetry, I need to dress up in gold lamé and dance on the kitchen table. 


 I need to kiss my little girl and go to bed.


 And thank you for all the lovely comments. You made me smile lots. X

  

7 comments:

  1. I also need to swim in the sea, it always makes me feel a thousand times better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I swam in the sea a huge seal was lurking near and it scared the bejesus out of me. X

      Delete
  2. Anna, what a beautifil post. You have summed up exactly how parenting feels sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kind of days are the worst. I hope you get lots of sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true. And I agree - swimming in the sea makes everybody feel better! Your blog is amazing, I am looking forward to your next post!
    If you have the time, I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow!
    http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get some sleep and there will be a new day :) Some days are just like that and that's OK. It makes you appreciate the days that go really well better :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete